Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Charoite and Heather Gray





Heart Necklace (Lia Sophia)
Charoite Pendant (a gift from my mom)
Heather Gray Skirt (F21)
Platform Mary Janes (secondhand)

So as you might've read on my Twitter, I found a bunch of my old jewelry while doing some early spring cleaning yesterday; I'm so excited to start wearing it all again! The two necklaces here (as well as a couple of other things I'll bring out eventually) were hiding in an old Franco Sarto bag under my bed. I had no idea the bag was there in the first place!

Also, I was going to wear my brown boots but they looked a bit off; then I remembered that my poor maryjanes had been collecting dust in the back of my closet, so I broke those out too. Feelin' pretty fly, if I do say so myself. ;) 

Anyway, I took my own photos today, because my brother (who usually takes them) wasn't available. I think I like the way they turned out, although I wish my camera would focus properly for me! When I do them myself, I usually end up getting more creative shots - however, it also usually takes much longer, and unfortunately I don't always have time.


The triangle Charoite pendant is one of two gemstone pendants that were gifts from my mother. Growing up, I learned a lot of metaphysical philosophy because my mom is pretty big into AstrologyWicca and New Age CultureCharoite is primarily a healing gemstone. At the time, I was going through a lot of pain in my life, so when my mother gave me the pendant (along with a bit of information on it) I was very thankful. I'm not as superstitious as she is, but I like to believe that it helps me in times of need. :)


Also, this stone promotes creativity, confidence, and self expression - totally relevent to fashion! That, and the fact that it's such a gorgeous lavender colour that you could probably wear with anything.


 According to Astrobix: 

Firstly, it heals the person’s body and mind and supplies it with more energy thereafter. Secondly, it is the right gemstone for developing self-expression. Thirdly, it inspires the person to change and gives the ability to come out of fear.
Fourthly, it develops the call of the soul of that individual. Fifthly, if you are surrounded by compulsion and eagerness then this gemstone helps to solve them. Sixthly, it helps to open up the spiritual expression of the individual and controls the thoughts. Seventhly, in case you get too tired, this gemstone fills you with energy and helps you to keep on going and lastly, it keeps you away from negative energies and keeps your environment pure and healthy.

I'm off to make dinner now, hope you enjoyed my post and remember to add me on my new Twitter!

xoxo, Clovebud.



9 comments:

  1. Oi gostei do teu blog, e do teu Layout também :D

    http://baudafranci.blospot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. you seriously blow my mind, I love the outfits you put together. so much. those mary janes, are SO cute!! I love finding things that I've forgotten about, that happened to me with a pair of mary janes too! and now I wear them WAY more.. success. also, I have been really interested in wicca and other witchcraft philosophies, so I think it is super cool you were raised with all of that. I wish my mom had raised me like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your maryjanes are amazing, love your style - I tried to follow you but blogger won't let me. .weird. Anyway, I'll check it out again soon, have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. U are gorgeous hun, love everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute styling..

    xo

    C.

    http://carolinakrews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic, love this outfit.
    Those shoes are just gorgeous!<3


    www.starsbypaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post! You look great!

    Shall we follow each other? I'm following.

    WWW.FASHIONWHIT.COM

    ReplyDelete