Friday, January 27, 2012

1/27/12: Basic Space






Velvet Plaid Shirt (Jones New York)
Dress (BCBG)
Platform Boots (Goodwill)

So today I wanted to keep it pretty comfy and casual, but I do like to dress up a little bit on Fridays; I figured this dress would be a happy medium :) I haven't worn my velvet plaid shirt in a while, and it was about time I brought it out again!

I deep conditioned my hair last night, and I can really tell the difference. It's so soft and shiny and way less tangled than it's been in at least a month - I've been slacking something awful on doing deep treatments lately. If anybody's interested in trying something new for their hair, it's really a simple recipe!

Clovebud's Deep Hair Conditioner Recipe

3 parts coconut oil (unrefined, preferably)
1 part hemp oil (you can sub olive oil, but I recommend the hemp!)
1/2 part olive oil
1 drop rosemary oil

combine oils, and nuke in the microwave for about 10 seconds until the coconut oil is melted. Swish together or stir - you don't need a lot! I usually only use about one teaspoon coconut oil (1/3 teaspoon hemp, etc) but if you've got longer or thicker hair I'd double that. Any unused oil can be kept in the fridge for probably at least 2 months if you like.

I just brush my hair back into a ponytail (If you've had one in already, it's good to take it out and brush to remove shed hairs) and then I apply the oil liberally to the ends. (Sometimes I'll just dip the tail end into the oil and it soaks up the whole batch if it's that dry!) I like to sleep with it in, and the next morning wash out with shampoo and conditioner. If you don't want to do that, and hour or two should suffice. :)

Anyways, I'm going to stay with my semi-long-distance boyfriend for the weekend, and it's time to pack. See you next time :D

xoxo Clovebud


3 comments:

  1. I love the outfit! That conditioner sounds amazing I'm going to have to keep a look out for the ingredients to give it a try xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute outfit! I like the mix of colors you have chosen ;) I am gonna follow your blog! I love to see good deals:)

    8bitgrayscale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have awesome blog and so lovely style♥! I follow you with bloglovin:).
    Check out my blog-->
    http://pleaseusecutesocks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete